Prospective & New Families
Welcome to Myers Park High School!
We’re so glad you are interested in learning more about us. We have lots of resources on this page to help you get to know “The Park.” To take a virtual tour, please visit some of the links below for all kinds of helpful information on a wide variety of subjects.
To join an in-person tour, please see our schedule below and SIGN UP HERE.
Wednesday, February 22, 2023 – 10:00 am Tour
Wednesday, March 8, 2023 – 5:00-6:45 pm, Rising 9th Grade & New-to-CMS Tour & Program
Students and parents are invited to begin the evening with an abbreviated tour of the school which will start at the picnic tables in the main quad, from 5:00-5:45 PM. This will be followed by an informational session held in the auditorium from 6:00-6:45 PM to learn about MPHS programs, meet administration, and hear from a student panel. Allow extra time to park so that you have ample time to get to the quad by 5:00 PM. You do not need to sign-up, just show up!
Program Agenda in the Auditorium, 6:00 PM:
- Welcome & Agenda Overview – Allyson Davis, Assistant Principal of Instruction
- Presentation of the Colors – JROTC
- Chorus Program Song – Julia Lathan
- Dance Program Performance – Yasmiin Tarlton
- Opening Comments – Robert Folk, Principal
- Student Services Information/Registration – Sandra Kindell & Martin Unger, Counselors
- Honors/AVID/Advanced Placement (AP) Coursework – Allyson Davis
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Program – Katie Willett, IB Coordinator
- Career & Technical Education (CTE), Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC), Career & College Promise (CCP) Program – Michelle Beyer, CTE Career Development Coordinator
- Student Panel (Informal Q & A) – Sequoia Goodman, Counselor & Student Ambassadors
Wednesday, March 29, 2023 – 10:00 am Tour
Wednesday, April 5, 2023 – 10:00 am Tour
Wednesday, April 19, 2023 – 10:00 am Tour
Wednesday, May 3, 2023 – 10:00 am Tour
Wednesday, June 14, 7:30 am – MPHS Football Summer Practice Begins
Monday, July 31, morning – MPHS Fall Sports Try-outs
Thursday August 10, morning – MPHS Mustang Round-Up: Mustang round-up is for all rising freshman to come and reconnect with friends and meet new people in their grade before school starts! Join us for a quick Q&A session, a tour of the campus, games, and treats! This event is for students only.
Thursday, August 24, afternoon/evening – MPHS Open Campus: This event is for rising 9th graders and transfer students to walk the campus with their schedules, find their classrooms, and meet their teachers. Parents and students welcome!
- Map of Myers Park High School
- Profile of the Class of 2022
- MPHS 411 – A quick guide with key information for prospective families, rising 9th graders and transfer students.
Virtual Welcome Folder:
- The Park: Make It Your Own!
- Student Clubs and Activities
- Academic Rigor: AP & IB
- Staff and Contact Information
- Mustang Athletics
- MPHS Counseling Department
Still have questions? Email Emily Blair, Alison Dalton, Rachel Rempson, or Natasha Scrivener, parent volunteers, at email@example.com.